Well the last two days/nights have been tiring to say the least. CJK woke up from his afternoon nap on Monday sounding a little hoarse... I put it down to the airconditioning and thought nothing more of it. Well... boy was I wrong!
Monday night/early Tuesday morning CJK woke up really upset, struggling for breath and sounding like a baby seal. My initial thoughts were confirmed once I took him to the Royal Children's Hospital... he had croup! He was given a course of steroids to help open his airways and we were sent home.
The same thing happened Tuesday night/early this morning, however I must admit it didn't sound AS bad, the 'seal barking' had definately gone. He got his course of steroids but this time we were sent home with a script too... that'll save us going into the hospital again tonight and possibly tomorrow night.
Where is JMK when all this going on I hear you ask. Well... the most wonderful inlaws in the world have got her. After the first night (Rob stayed home with JMK and I took CJK to the hospital) he spoke to his parents and they offered to take her away with them to Yarrawonga until Friday. They're great and we love them to bits!! That way, we don't have to disturb JMK with trips to the hospital and when we rock home at 5am we can all catch up on some sleep without worrying about entertaining a 3.5yr old for the day. They truly are the best inlaws!!
Anyway... CJK is on the mend, he's sounding a little husky throughout the day but I'm hoping he'll be fine tonight. If he's not at least we can give him the steroids instead of traipsing back into the hospital. He's such a little trooper and won many hearts in the hospital with his constant smiles!!
I took these pics of him today... I thought some sun & fresh air might be good for him so he helped me with the washing!!



No comments:
Post a Comment