Friday, 9 April 2010

Easter 2010 - Echuca

What a wonderful holiday we had camping in Echuca again!!

We arrived at around lunch time on Good Friday. All our friends were there again, Uncle Brad and the extended Shufflebotham family (that's Simone's family for those of you who don't know). It didn't take long to set up and get organised and then of course... we headed to the beach!

Well actually the first stop for CJK was the potty!! I'd had this recurring dream in the lead up to our holiday that CJK fell into one of the long drops at the camping site so I thought I'd take the potty and get him to use that. I did think I'd have a fight on my hands but as you can see... sitting out amongst it all proved to be a winner with CJK!!

Yet again the kids loved being in the water, playing on the sand and going for rides in Uncle Brad & Uncle Darren's boats. It's amazing how a little sand and water can keep the kids occupied for hours!!



Riley, CJK and Jackson enjoying the water and the sun!

JMK trying her hand (or feet) at a little surfing!

She nearly had the surfing thing...

until she landed on her butt!

As Beck, Mick, Lane and Abbey were only up for the day a treasure hunt was organised for all the kids... kinda like an Easter Egg hunt so all the kids could enjoy it together. Of course we had to get the kids away so that the treasure could be set out so off they went in the back of Uncle Darren's truck to collect some wood for the camp fire.

back row l to r - Alannah, Maddie, JMK
middle row l to r - Jacob, Tyler, Jackson
front row l to r - Lane, Riley, Abbey, CJK

They came back to find little plastic eggs full of little surprises... they loved it and it got them ready for their Easter Egg Hunt come Easter Sunday.


finding lots of surprises everywhere!!



Easter Saturday was spent down on the water all day!! Yet again the kids had a ball in amongst the sand digging and creating as well as splashing about in the water.


Lots of fun was had out on the water too!! CJK and Rob went out for a biscuit ride... I think CJK had lots of fun... what do you think???

My brave biscuit boy!

Now I know it probably seems pretty bias in the photo department with CJK... but we couldn't get JMK to go on the biscuit no matter how much we tried. Not to worry, there's always next year and plenty more photo opportunities!!

After CJK and Rob had a go on the biscuit, Uncle Brad decided he wanted in on the fun. Check out these pics... do you think these two BIG KIDS had a good time or what?!

GOING... GOING...

GONE!

Easter Sunday was an early one!!! With the change over in daylight savings I'm surprised the poor old Easter Bunny actually managed to get all the eggs hidden within the camp site for the Easter Egg Hunt... that's another story and one best saved for Auntie Mel to tell!!

I think it was about 6am when the kids started making enough noise for the parents to actually get up!! THE EASTER BUNNY HAD PAID A VISIT!! Not only were there Easter Eggs in each of the kids Easter Box/Basket/Bowl there were Easter Eggs everywhere to be collected... and collect they did!!!

JMK ready to get started with her Easter Bowl!!


JMK, Jackson & CJK pretty happy with their stash!

That silly Easter Bunny put eggs in the strangest places!!

Once all the eggs had been collected it was time to be a little civilised and have a nice warm cup of tea by the campfire and some breakfast. What do you think we had for breakfast.....??????

Easter Eggs of course... Easter Sunday wouldn't be Easter Sunday if Easter Eggs weren't consumed for breaky!!!

We had a wonderful time away with our friends. I think camping in Echuca is going to become a family tradition of sorts... I hope it does anyway!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Again Feliss looks like a fabulous trip away. I have to say the photos on the biscuit are my favourite... CJK looks like he is having a ball... and those 2 big kids made me laugh!