Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Show Time!

What a fantastic day.  We headed off nice and early this morning for the Royal Melbourne Show.

The weather was good and spirits were high.  The kids had been given a budget and told they could spend it however they wanted - showbags, rides, useless show games that are impossible to win - but once it was gone... it was gone!

We started the day watching the working dog show... Wow!  If we could get Samson to be half as smart as those dogs!!  From there we moved on to the frisbee catching dog show... a again, really clever dogs!!

Jorja, Lily, Coops & Ed


Moving right along, it was time to have some fun on the rides.  While Sarah and I waited on the outside the kids entered some crazy fun house thing and had a ball!





By this time our tummies were starting to grumble.  Gone are the good ole Dagwood Dogs, replaced by these curly wurly chips on a stick...

Lunch!
It gave us a little time sit, rest & take some selfies... of course!!




Back to it and in to the motor cross show!  The boys LOVED it, Sarah and I squirmed in our seats and hoped like hell Coops & Ed weren't thinking of trying their tricks at home!!




We continued on, wandering around looking at all the animals and exhibitions. Then it was on to the important stuff... SHOWBAGS!!

The kids had kept an eye on their budget and had enough left to get a few showbags.

The kids with their stash... money well spent!?

All done!

I must say that I did go prepared.  I took some panadol with me thinking I'd need it with all the noise, stress and frustration of what the show entails with four excited kids.

However, I was pleasantly surprised.  The kids were fantastic!!  It really was an amazingly enjoyable day for everyone!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

You're a good mum..... and crazy! Haven't braved the show yet!! Kobe said to me this year "is there something real called the EKKA (Bris show)?"