I realise this is a blog for JMK but I’m the one who updates it and thought I’d better explain why there hasn’t been an entry for a little while.
I shattered my elbow last Tuesday while looking after JMK and her friends Eliza & James. It was a nice day so I decided lunch at the park would be a good idea. The girls ate their lunch and quickly got back to swinging, sliding and playing in the sandpit. I finished feeding James his yoghurt and he happily ate his jam sandwiches and then wanted out of his pram to explore.
Well that’s when the fun started!!
I unclipped James from the pram, stuck him on my hip and turned to put him on the ground, but my foot got caught on the pram wheel and I fell… WITH James still in my arms. Well of course my first concern was for James so I fell awkwardly with my arm completely outstretched… I heard the CRACK… felt the pain… and thought…oooohhhhh @!#%^… you can imagine!
Eliza & James’ mum Julie was at the hairdressers, I had the 3 kids at the park, no mobile phone, James was oblivious to the situation (he’s only 1), JMK was busy watching me writhe in pain and saying “oh dear… oh dear” and Eliza, being that little bit older (she’s 3) realised something was very wrong and stood shocked just staring at me!!
I was able to muster a little composure and reassure Eliza that everything was OK. She came over and put my glasses back on my face (after they came off in the fall) and we wandered over to the tennis courts behind the park where the midweek ladies had just finished their game!! THANK GOD FOR THE MIDWEEK LADIES!!!
To cut a very long story short, they looked after me & the kids, called Julie (who ran out of the hairdressers without paying and had to go back later in the week to get toner applied to her coloured hair), they rang the ambulance who then took me to hospital and after some time waiting in both emergency & the ward I finally got operated on on Thursday night.
Now I have a big brace cast thing on my arm as well as pins, plates & wires holding my shattered elbow together.
So, that’s why I’ve been MIA and that’s why there won’t be too many detailed updates from me because this one fingered typing is DOING MY HEAD IN!!
I shattered my elbow last Tuesday while looking after JMK and her friends Eliza & James. It was a nice day so I decided lunch at the park would be a good idea. The girls ate their lunch and quickly got back to swinging, sliding and playing in the sandpit. I finished feeding James his yoghurt and he happily ate his jam sandwiches and then wanted out of his pram to explore.
Well that’s when the fun started!!
I unclipped James from the pram, stuck him on my hip and turned to put him on the ground, but my foot got caught on the pram wheel and I fell… WITH James still in my arms. Well of course my first concern was for James so I fell awkwardly with my arm completely outstretched… I heard the CRACK… felt the pain… and thought…oooohhhhh @!#%^… you can imagine!
Eliza & James’ mum Julie was at the hairdressers, I had the 3 kids at the park, no mobile phone, James was oblivious to the situation (he’s only 1), JMK was busy watching me writhe in pain and saying “oh dear… oh dear” and Eliza, being that little bit older (she’s 3) realised something was very wrong and stood shocked just staring at me!!
I was able to muster a little composure and reassure Eliza that everything was OK. She came over and put my glasses back on my face (after they came off in the fall) and we wandered over to the tennis courts behind the park where the midweek ladies had just finished their game!! THANK GOD FOR THE MIDWEEK LADIES!!!
To cut a very long story short, they looked after me & the kids, called Julie (who ran out of the hairdressers without paying and had to go back later in the week to get toner applied to her coloured hair), they rang the ambulance who then took me to hospital and after some time waiting in both emergency & the ward I finally got operated on on Thursday night.
Now I have a big brace cast thing on my arm as well as pins, plates & wires holding my shattered elbow together.
So, that’s why I’ve been MIA and that’s why there won’t be too many detailed updates from me because this one fingered typing is DOING MY HEAD IN!!
7 comments:
WOW Feliss, you poor thing. It must have been so scary for you. Lots of cyber hugs coming your way.
Oh Feliss, you poor thing. You couldn't even just lie there in agony you had the kids to think of. Was wondering wherte you had got to, my two regular bloggers (you and Ang) where MIA. Hope you heal up quickly. ENjoy the break! no pun intended.
OMG BIG OUCH!!! I was wondering where you dissappeared too. I hope your recovery is quick and your not in too much pain ((hugs))
Owch Owch Owch....I can almost feel your pain..Hope you get beter soon you poor thing.
Hi Feliss,
was wondering where you were. I keep going around to your desk and you aren't there.
Sounds awful, hope you get better soon and that things aren't too hard for you.
take Care
Andrea
Oh Feliss!! I was wondering where you had gotten to. I knew something must be wrong for you to have so many non-blogging days!
Get well soon and make sure you rest up and let others take care of you for a change.
Lyn
OMG!!! OUCH!! you poor thing, that must be so painful. Hope it heals quickly and without any problems.
Post a Comment