OK, so the toilet training is going really really well! JMK is telling me when she needs to do wee’s and has, on occasion, taken herself off to the toilet all by herself. I’m really very surprised at how well it’s gone and how easy it has been!
BUT… and isn’t there always a BUT! Doing number two’s causes quite a bit of distress in our household!!
At first I thought the poor little mite was constipated, so I pumped her up with prune juice and All Bran. Well that did the trick!! Over a day or two it became obvious to me that JMK was holding it all in!! Why… I thought?
She would get all distressed when she had the ‘urge to purge’ and would refuse to go to the toilet or potty. She would come back to me a while later and ask to have her knickers changed… yep, she’d decided to do it in her pants!
I even called the Maternal Health Nurse… and… to my utter relief she told me that this is very common… yaddah yaddah yaddah… so at least I know I don’t have a freak for a child.
Well we’re getting there ever so slowly! She’ll tell me she needs to do poos, still get a little distressed about the whole thing when I put her on the toilet or potty, but at least we’re keeping her knickers clean.
It’s amazing what the encouragement of a Chocolate Frog will deliver… as long as it’s delivered in the right place thank you very much!!
2 comments:
Sounds like she is doing really well! Unlike someone else we know who will remain nameless that isn't the least bit interested yet..LOL
Hayden is just like that - he now asks for a nappy on when he wants to poo, we put him on the toilet, sometimes he'll go, but usually he just waits till that nappy is on and 30 sec later, poo!!
BTW - can you email me directly (sill at identity graphics dot com dot au) so we can talk about catching up when you're up here, that's less than a month now!!!
Post a Comment