Thursday, 25 January 2007

Poo in the Loo... Success!!

If someone had have told me 10 years ago that I’d be getting excited about a 2 and a half year old actually sitting on the toilet and doing number two’s in it I would have looked at them like they were CRAZY!

But… this is what my life has come to.

After days of wondering whether JMK would EVER achieve the accolade of doing number two’s on the loo instead of in her knickers the day has finally come. Now I’m not sure if it’s a one off, but at this stage I’m happy to believe that it’s the beginning of the end (of pooey knickers!)

I was getting her dressed after her bath and she told me (as she always does) that she needed to do poos. So I asked her WHERE she wanted to do poos and she said the toilet… so off we trotted. Well of course once she’d sat there for 2 seconds she decided she didn’t want to do poos anymore. Instead of forcing her to sit there or grabbing her off the toilet in a huff I told her to wait there while I got her knickers to put back on (they were in the bedroom). A little stalling on my part and pretending I could hear her father in the hallway allowed JMK a little privacy and the next thing I know… ~PLOP~

WooHoo!!

So a sticker has been added to the chart and a chocolate frog has been consumed… what a perfect way to end the day!

No comments: