Wednesday, 13 August 2008

A much required update...

Well things in the land of JMK & CJK are plodding along rather nicely. I think they’re both over the worst of their colds *touching wood* and pretty much back to normal.

Lately, JMK has been quite adamant about helping feed CJK… she’s pretty good at it too and he gets quite a buzz out of having his big sister feed him. Of course, we need to get JMK to feed herself before she feeds CJK… yeeeees we still battle with brekkie, lunch and dinner taking anywhere from 15min to 1hr 15min. Anyway… here’s some pics of brekkie time at our place!


CJK is trying OH SO HARD to get up and around. I can’t really remember but I think JMK started crawling at around 10-11 mths. CJK is getting around and he’s also starting to try and pull himself up. He likes to practise in the bath… which is OK provided he doesn't slip over!!
When he's had enough of trying his good ole mum comes to the rescue and helps him. He loves standing... he thinks he's the bees knees!

We had a visit down to Nana & Poppy’s on the weekend. Oh what bliss. I was greeted with home made fruit cake, then we had a roast chicken for dinner followed by tapioca pudding for dessert. What more could you ask for?! While Nana & Poppy got their grand kiddies fix it gave me time to catch up on the news… can you believe I got to read the Saturday AND Sunday newspapers!!!

Hmmm… not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing… but… CJK also found the Tupperware cupboard at Nana’s house… with a little help from Me… but much more help from his big sister with regards to pulling EVERYTHING out!


CJK is very happy with his new cup… and so am I considering the last two (which were bright pink… not very BOY-ISH) even though they proclaimed to be spill and/or drip proof weren’t!



Another new thing for CJK… a toothbrush! Considering he now has 5 teeth, I thought it time for him to get a toothbrush and just have a little play with it in the bath.


His big sister showed him the correct technique for proper tooth brushing... as well as singing the tooth brushing song! C'mon... I know you know it!

Brush your teeth... round & round
Circles small... gums & all
A small soft toothbrush the round a round way
Will keep your teeth healthy and stop tooth decay
Go round & round
Up & down

No comments: