Sunday, 9 November 2008

Mildura Holiday Nov 1 - 8, 2008

Oma and Opa invited us to spend a week with them in sunny Mildura... who wouldn't jump at that?? So off we ventured on our 6hr trip up the Calder... an extremely BORING drive but we survived... of course we did JMK was travelling with Oma & Opa... *he he he*

The weather was great, not too hot, not too cold... not warm enough for me to venture into the pool but the kids loved it. What is it with kids and swimming? It could be snowing and they'd still be up for a splash around!!

On the first day of our holiday it wasn't warm enough for my liking but JMK had to get into the pool... crazy kids!





However I did brave it a couple of days later and actually got into the pool for a bit of a swim (no pictures of that... thank your lucky stars). The noodle that Opa bought came in handy for both JMK & CJK.



The playground at the resort got a bit of a work out but we did come across a great adventure playground just around the corner (Oma has those pics on her camera, I'll post them here when she sends them through)



JMK set off with Oma, Opa & Daddy to have a ride on a paddle boat... "The Melbourne" I think it was called. She even got to steer the boat and has a certificate to prove it!! (Once again, Oma has these photos so I will post them when she sends them through to me)

We had a lovely lunch at Lindemans winery where we adults indulged in a purchase or two of some wine... well how could you not?!... and the kids enjoyed their lunch and just climbing on the chairs!



It was a lovely holiday... well as lovely as a holiday can be WITH kids... you know what I mean?! Don't you?!

No comments: