Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Wonderful... wonderful... wash day... 210409

What a title huh... you're probably thinking I'm on crack!! Who in their right mind would explain the painful job of washing as wonderful. It never use to be this bad, but now with two children who are magnets for everything from dirt, to tomato sauce to dog slobber it feels like I wash clothes CONSTANTLY!

Anyway, today was no different!! Another load of washing done and being hung out, however this time I had a little helper... CJK! It was one of those moments where I thought to myself "this... I have to blog because I don't want to forget it".

Most of you would know that I'm a little, lets say, set in my ways when it comes to hanging out my washing... something I inherited from my mother. I like my socks hung out in pairs all together and my jocks all together... I don't go so far as having to have a red peg on a red item of clothing but I do have MY specific way.

Well it all went out the window today when CJK decided to help. What a little treasure. He was grabbing items from the basket, bending over and giving them the biggest shake (he nearly toppled over half a dozen times) and then he'd proudly bring the item over to me and say TAAAAAHHHHH. Sometimes he'd even say TAAAAAAHHHH SOH (aka sock) or TAAAAAAHHHHH BIT (aka bib).

Amazing how my washing routine went straight out the window and I didn't even care as I was sooooo enjoying the sunshine and my little man. Isn't it funny how little things like this really bring a smile to your face... the most tedious of jobs made oh so enjoyable by a gorgeous 19mth old... if only all wash days were like today's!

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

The little things are the best! I am pleased you took the time to appreciate your little boy... and let go of "your ways"...

Unknown said...

Just a reminder to us all that enjoying your children, spending time, letting them know they are precious and special to you is soooo much more important than hanging socks together (but don't worry I hang the wash just like you).