I don’t know what it is, I must just have an over sensitive child... but I tell ya what... it drives me nuts!!!
I thought it would be nice to take JMK & her little friend Amber to see the latest Pixar movie... 'UP'. I should have paid more attention to the signs!! I thought I’d show JMK the preview of the movie on the computer... well she got all whiney and sooky then... asking about the balloons, the old man, the dog and the little boy.
Then, as soon as we walked into the theatre which was half full of kids of all different ages she said “I don’t like this”. We sat down and I explained that the lights would go off and the big white screen would show the movie... it would be just like watching TV at home except much bigger. Meanwhile, Amber, who had never been to the movies either was sitting in her chair, munching on popcorn waiting in anticipation for the movie to begin.
We got through the previews OK, a few jumps, hands over eyes and fingers in ears. Let me remind you at this point that this was a PIXAR ANIMATED MOVIE... not bloody Nightmare on Elm Street!!! It seems Toy Story 3 will be coming out next year which JMK has decided she wants to see.
Next... the pre movie cartoon! It was soooooo cute and yet another Pixar creation. That’s where things went pear shaped. The character (a rain cloud) in the pre movie cartoon got angry so started thundering and lightning... that’s where JMK lost it. Covering her ears, closing her eyes and diving in under my armpit (all the while Amber is still happily munching on pop corn). She started wailing that she didn’t like it and she wanted to go home!!! I explained to her that this wasn’t actually the movie... the movie hadn’t even started yet. Didn’t matter... she wanted OUT and she wanted out NOW!
So, up the three of us got and trudged back down the stairs and back to the ticket office. I asked for my money back as the movie hadn’t even started and they happily obliged.
It was like Disney Princesses on Ice all over again... what is it with this child?! It drives me nuts!! So rather than spending a lovely morning watching what’s supposed to be a GREAT movie we went to the Adventure Playground and then on to a cafe for gingerbread men and babycino’s!
Needless to say... she will not be going to see Toy Story 3 when it comes out next year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment