Yep... what's the old saying "the apple never falls far from the tree"... and here I thought JMK hadn't inherited anything from me. But of all the things she COULD inherit it had to be my clumsiness and skill at breaking bones!
That's right, the first day of school holidays (Sat 26th June) JMK was mucking around with her pal Ben Sankey... push... shove... push... shove... slip... smack... YOUCH!! She slid off the couch onto the concrete floor in the shed. I knew straight away she'd hurt herself but you know how it is, kids get up, brush themselves off and start all over again... right???... wrong!
JMK didn't want to miss out on going to the pub for dinner as she would be catching up with her old pal Paddy... so we went! She was really protective of her lil wing and had it tucked in to her jumper in a make shift sling. The night wore on and I think she was getting a little tired and sore. After looking at her arm and realising that it was quite swollen I decided to take her to the RCH.
We arrived at 10pm, got x-rays, saw a doctor who said everything was fine and she'd be just a little stiff and swollen for a couple of days and we were out of there before midnight... NOT BAD... NOT BAD AT ALL.
The next 4 days consisted of me putting her arm in a sling because she looked pretty silly the way she was holding it. Then there was the "milking it" where I would turn around and say "Jorja... you had it x-rayed and the Doctor said there was nothing wrong!!!" etc etc etc.
Wednesday 30 June arrived and I answered the phone at about 6pm. The doctor from the RCH calling to say he'd misdiagnosed and JMK actually did have a fractured arm! GREAT... I'm feeling like a real HEEL now!
So today we headed back into the RCH to have a half cast put on in order to immobilise her arm. It goes from her wrist to almost her shoulder... my poor little poss! She'd actually been very brave over the last couple of days... considering!
So here she is in her first plaster cast!! She's fine as you can see from the photos, I'm just hoping this is the one and only!!!
2 comments:
I am sure that bought back memories you did not need.....She looks like she is coping well
How grown up does your little girl look! Primary school has made her look even bigger!! She makes the plaster look very cool!!
Post a Comment