Friday, 4 February 2011

Australia Day 2011

We had such a wonderful time last Australia Day that we decided to head up to Mathoura again for Australia Day 2011.

We were part of quite a tribe!!  If I do my calculations properly, at the height of our camping trip there were 13 adults and 23 kids!!  How's THAT.  Generally with that many kids you would expect a few scuffles and some fisty cuffs to come about but nope, not one altercation... the kids were absolutely BRILLIANT.

This is why we enjoy going away with the Lawrences, Grays, Prices, Sankeys and Teese's so much... all the kids get along so well and so do the adults.

The Gang
Again, the grand old Murray River played a huge part in all the fun JMK & CJK had.  There was splashing, swimming, water games, floating and heaps of other stuff that kept them occupied... both JMK & CJK had an absolute ball.
Hannah & JMK cooling off
CJK with his water pistol
And he's...
IN!
CJK loving the water
The girls were always busy rehearsing and putting on spectacular dance shows for us.  We couldn't believe they knew all the words to songs by Kesha, Miley Cyrus and the Black Eyed Peas... especially considering JMK is bombarded with BonJovi, Pink, Motley Crue and the like.  I'm not sure where she's hearing all this other music!!
l to r: Darcy, Lizzy, Charlie, JMK, Hannah & Keely rehearsing
Show stoppers!!
 

 There was also the slip n slide which was a BIG HIT!  I'm sure it was a little bit bumpy on the way down and the landing at the end wasn't too soft but the kids had a ball with it.

Stepping out onto the slippery slope!
Down she goes.
A bit of an anti climax SPLASH!
Daredevil CJK trying to surf down the slide!
A bump and a splash at the end! 
JMK got a kick out of doing a spot of fishing too.  This was the first time she'd ever done this... unfortunately she didn't catch a fish but I'm sure Poppy will be very happy to know she's held a fishing rod!!

Just chillin' & waiting for the fish to nibble
 
Lizzy & JMK enjoying the serenity
On one of the days, when it wasn't quite so hot the whole gang headed off on a bike ride to picnic point.  The kids had a great time!  I wasn't sure how CJK would go because it was about a 4km return trip. But he was quite the little speed demon and kept up with all the big kids and adults... as did JMK.

BMX Bandits!!
Rob... showing us that he's still got it!
 

On one particularly hot day I let CJK have his own can of creamy soda, it was from the esky and it was nice and cold.  Check out his face... you can tell by the pics that he was ~BUZZING~  Not sure I'll be allowing that again!!
 

Another successful and fun filled camping trip at Mathoura.  I think we're gonna make this an annual thing because we all enjoy ourselves so much.  The kids love the freedom and if the truth be known... so do I.  But then, that's what camping is all about... freedom, fun, exploring and having a great time with your friends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell Rob I always knew he had it! Looks like a great time, no wonder you want to go back again.