I snapped this pic of JMK tonight as she was reading her school reader. Most nights I will sit and listen to her read, but Monday's are a little on the hectic side so she will often hop into bed and read her reader before going to sleep.
I think she is going to take after her Mum when it comes to books and the joy of reading. This pleases me no end... I love books and I loved them as a kid too.
Shhhhh... don't tell anyone, but Auntie Gill has got her a box set of Roald Dahl books for Christmas. Remember The Twits, James and Giant Peach, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and The Witches. There are 15 titles all together so she is going to be able to lose herself in such wonderful adventures.
I hope she doesn't lose interest in reading and continues to enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comments:
I hope Santa brings me the box collection.....I don't understand anybody who dosen't love a good book.....
You'll have to introduce her to the biggest joy of reading.... doing it while eating a big bag of M&M's! Share the joy xx
Post a Comment