Friday, 22 February 2013

Storm... 21.02.2013

We are really enjoying this warm, balmy weather at the moment, however it tends to come with a few storms.

Last night's storm was a DOOZY!  The sky changed to this eerie shade of orange and we just knew we were in for a big one!

CJK had gone to bed while JMK and I sat watching The Block (of course!).  JMK noticed the lightning first and I thought "here we go" given her track record with storms.  I asked her if she'd like to come out onto the deck to check out the light show and to my absolute amazement she did!!

We sat out on the deck for a little while watching the lightning and then we decided to head out the front and sit under the verandah.  It was all around us and quite spectacular.  Apart from blocking her ears from the thunder JMK enjoyed the light show too... I was so proud of her!

We actually got some pretty amazing pics too...




1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Cool photos Felicity Jane! Well done JMK for being brave... I am sure you'll grow to love a thunder storm!