Well we're a couple of weeks off the end of first term and things are going relatively well. JMK is really enjoying Grade 3 and loves her teacher, Mr Wenczel!!
CJK on the other hand, well... he's already had a couple of stints on the 'Thinking Chair' because he doesn't make good choices!
One such bad choice was brought to my attention last week. His teacher, Miss Browning, called me aside and said with a giggle "I had to put Cooper on the Thinking Chair today." OH NO, here we go I thought, what's he done this time?! It seems CJK and a little class mate, Reesha, were a little taken with each other and kept giving each other kisses. It got to the point where his teacher had to say "RIGHT! This is enough, it's learning time" and sat them both on the Thinking Chair... separately of course!
I must say I was a little relieved that his teacher was so good about it and could have a laugh. When we got home I asked CJK about his day...
Me: How was your day Coops?
CJK: Good
Me: Anything interesting happen today?
CJK: Nup
Me: Tell me, did you have to sit on the Thinking Chair today?
CJK: NO!
Me: Are you sure?
CJK: YES!
Me: What about yesterday? Did you sit on the Thinking Chair yesterday?
CJK: NO!
Me: Hmmmmm... what about Reesha, did she have to sit on the Thinking Chair?
CJK: Yep!
Me: Why did Reesha have to sit on the Thinking Chair?
CJK: Awwwwww Mum, she kept kissing me!!! She was kissing me allllllll the time!!
Me: Were you kissing her?
CJK: NO!
Me: Are you sure?
CJK: YES!
He was getting a little riled up about this and he was adamant that he didn't get put on the Thinking Chair so I layed off my questioning and just left it with...
Me: Well from now on, if anyone tries to kiss you, you say "STOP IT! My mum says kissing isn't allowed at school." OK?
CJK: OK Mum
So, every morning that I drop the kids off at school, I park the car and then turn to them and say, "So, what are we going to do at school today?" and they reply with...
"Be kind... use nice words... make good choices... aaaaaaaand... NO KISSING!"
I suppose I should be happy that I've got a lover and not a fighter!?
No comments:
Post a Comment