Thursday, 6 April 2006

Just a cuddle...

Oh the joys of broken sleep! 3am… what could possibly be JMK’s problem at this hour of the morning? Nappy is fine… sheets & blankets are all still in the cot… bad dream… belly ache… who knows?! After re-tucks, re-dummy plugging and a few words of comfort nothing seemed to work. What to do… what to do??

The only thing you can do, pull JMK out of the cot give her a cuddle and melt as she snuggles in under your chin and stops crying. How can I now put this child back into her cot? I can’t… so into bed she comes with Mummy & Daddy.

Sure, it was an uncomfortable couple of hours of fitful sleep, but JMK slept like the baby that she is. She was comfortable and snug in her dream land, lying ACROSS the bed with her feet in Daddy’s back and her head in mine.

So at 3am… what was JMK’s problem… she just needed a cuddle and who am I to deny her that?

No comments: