Thursday, 13 April 2006

NO WAY...!

I don’t know who she got it from (her father is pointing the finger at me) but my sweet ‘non talking’ daughter has stumbled across 2 new words… NO WAY!!

I knew a day would come where she would look at me in her angelic way, (just reeling me in), then frown and give me a well defined NO… but that’s obviously not enough to get her point across.

What happened to my child who was fluent in Jorja-nese, she knew what she was talking about and I would smile and nod in agreement and even make comment when I could understand what the hell she was going on about! What was I thinking wishing that she would ‘hurry up’ and talk!! I still want that, but let’s keep the attitude, defiance and swear words out of the vocabulary, thank you very much.

· Time for dinner; hop up into your high chair darling… NO WAY
· Would you like some milk with your cereal… NO WAY
· Here, have a banana instead of that packet of M&M’s… NO WAY
· Go and take your clothes off, it’s time for your bath… NO WAY
· Kisses/cuddles for Mummy… NO WAY

By the way I do get a kiss/cuddle in the end… who cares that I have to chase her while she screams with delight, catch her and pin her down… it’s all a part of the fun!

So here I go, treading into the unfamiliar grounds of a talking 2 year old. I’m bracing myself for some doozies, but hey, how does the saying go… “out of the mouths of babes”. Would I trade it for something else… NO WAY!!

No comments: