Wednesday, 24 May 2006

The week that was...

Well it’s been a while so I’m going to give you a quick run down as the next couple of days are going to be busy busy busy! We’re off to Sydney at the crack of dawn Friday morning to visit Auntie Kirsty so there will be plenty to ‘blog’ about when we get back!!

Saturday was spent doing housework! JMK spent a little time outside with Daddy but ended up inside with Mummy when Uncle Brad turned up… not sure why but a crying child was placed in the laundry for me to deal with!!

That was OK because JMK proceeded to help me with cleaning the bathroom, such a great little helper she is. So while I was busy scrubbing the ensuite basins I could hear a kind of scratching noise! Hmmmmm… what could that possibly be! With further investigation I found JMK happily scrubbing the hallway walls with the toilet brush… hey, what can you say… A+ for effort!!

Saturday night JMK spent the evening with good ole cousin Brianna. Well kind of! Mummy & Daddy ensured she was tucked into bed nice and tight and then went next door for a 40th birthday party! Brianna stayed the night and only had to re-plug JMK once while we were out. A pretty easy babysitting job if you ask me!

Sunday… well what a right off! Mummy got home at 1am and Daddy got home at 4.30am so Sunday was spent in doors just vegging (aka bouncing off the walls). JMK got SPRUNG by an almighty crash of Easter Eggs out of the wrought iron basket that was housing them. Geez, all she had to do was ask… then be told NO, you can have one after dinner. I guess that’s why she strained so hard up on tippy toes to get one out of the basket.


Sunday night was very exciting... JMK got to wear her new jimmy jams! It’s like a blanket suit which keeps her snug as a bug in a rug! Of course I still have a blanket in her cot as well as the heater going throughout the night… but she hasn’t had a 3am wake up for a while now (tapping something made of wood as I type) so I figure she’s warm enough!!

Well I think that’s about all that’s happened in the exciting life of JMK… we’re off to Sydney in a couple of days… driving up (are we crazy or just gluttons for punishment… I’ll let you know when/if we return!!) so there’s bound to be plenty of pics and stories to share… stay tuned!

No comments: