Sunday, 6 March 2011

Horsing Around... 26th February, 2011

We had just arrived home from 'somewhere' and we noticed the horses from next door, 2 mares and 2 foals craning their necks over our fence for some yummy fresh grass.

The kids and I jumped out of the car and headed over to the fence to pick some grass for them.  I, for one, am scared of horses, or relatively cautious when I'm around them.  The kids however have no such fear.  After showing them how to feed the horses... fingers nice and flat so as not to lose any... we spent a good 20 minutes feeding and patting them.

The two foals were a hit, one of them was really inquisitive and happy to be patted, the other was very shy and stayed well behind its mother.

JMK & CJK got a real buzz out of feeding them.

JMK having a moment with the foal

CJK feeding the foal
Feeding Mum and it's bub

No comments: