After arriving back from New Zealand JMK improved a little with her sleeping Tuesday night, Daddy only got up to her once and we heard two other times. When we got up Wednesday morning JMK would be happily playing with her dolls then all of a sudden drop to the floor crying and grabbing her crotch!
WHAT THE…
I thought this isn’t right so off to the doctor we go!
All the symptoms I gave to the doctor indicated a UTI so she gave me a script for antibiotics and a cup to get a urine sample!! Yeah right… JMK doesn’t even know WHEN she is peeing, so how was I going to get her to pee into a cup!
I wasn’t allowed to give JMK any antibiotics until I had obtained a sample so after her nap I let her run around with no pants on and got the sample that way… I actually let her pee on the floor then used a spare syringe thing from the baby panadol box and sucked it up off the floor and into the sample cup. Not sure how ‘uncontaminated’ the sample was but it came back with a positive result for a UTI. No wonder JMK wasn’t sleeping well… when she peed at night it woke her up because it was stinging… poor little poss.
Soooo… now we have to go and get an ultrasound to make sure there isn’t anything wrong ‘down there’.
What is it with turning 2?! Since JMK turned 2 she’s been on 2 courses of antibiotics… she’d had NOTHING before then!!
WHAT THE…
I thought this isn’t right so off to the doctor we go!
All the symptoms I gave to the doctor indicated a UTI so she gave me a script for antibiotics and a cup to get a urine sample!! Yeah right… JMK doesn’t even know WHEN she is peeing, so how was I going to get her to pee into a cup!
I wasn’t allowed to give JMK any antibiotics until I had obtained a sample so after her nap I let her run around with no pants on and got the sample that way… I actually let her pee on the floor then used a spare syringe thing from the baby panadol box and sucked it up off the floor and into the sample cup. Not sure how ‘uncontaminated’ the sample was but it came back with a positive result for a UTI. No wonder JMK wasn’t sleeping well… when she peed at night it woke her up because it was stinging… poor little poss.
Soooo… now we have to go and get an ultrasound to make sure there isn’t anything wrong ‘down there’.
What is it with turning 2?! Since JMK turned 2 she’s been on 2 courses of antibiotics… she’d had NOTHING before then!!
No comments:
Post a Comment