Friday, 28 July 2006

Two Year Assessment...

I forgot to fill you in on JMK’s assessment which was a week ago!!

She did just fine and I found out that I had a normal, run of the mill 2 year old. Phew… for a while there I thought I had a bit of a nuffy!!

Here are her Health Assessment stats:

Weight: 12.4kg (75th percentile)
Height: 85.8cm (50th percentile) This was her 1st standing measurement
Head circ. 49.2cm (90th percentile) Lots of brains in there!!

Here are her Developmental Assessment stats:

Gross Motor

  • She runs well around obstacles
  • Upstairs 2 feet at a time
  • Climbs well
  • Stoops at play and has good balance
  • Kicks the ball / throws the ball
  • Vision & Fine Motor
  • Builds a tower of 4-6 blocks
  • Can pick up 100’s and 1000’s
  • Circular scribble
  • Can imitate a vertical line when drawing
  • Turns pages singly
  • Participates in pretend play – playing with her dolls and making cups of tea!


Speech & Hearing

  • She joins 2 or 3 words together
  • Can identify parts of the body
  • She uses her own name
  • Beginning the use of plurals eg. Mine (oh we hear that one A LOT!)
  • Can follow commands


Social behaviour & play

  • Spoon & fork feeds well
  • Asks for food & drink
  • Tantrums when frustrated (we see a few of these too!)
  • Imitates adults in domestic activities (she loves to help... especially in the kitchen

All in all, I would say JMK is a pretty clever kid!!

No comments: