Alright... what's going on?
For the last year or so JMK has been quite happy to have her dummy for sleep times only. She would have it for her afternoon sleep and when she went to bed at night... no problems.
Well, over the last couple of days she's decided that she wants her dummy during the day! I DON'T THINK SO!! I'm not having her wondering around the house, yard, shopping centre or where ever with a dummy hanging out of her mouth.
She'll stick her tongue out and point to it indicating she wants her dummy, when I say "No, that's for nigh nigh time" she chucks the biggest wobblies. I ignore her, but she is a persistent little bugger and will continue whinging for it.
On a couple of occassions, in the middle of the day or at dinner time, I have grabbed her, put her dummy in her mouth and put her into her cot, because that's the only place she's allowed the dummy. Well of course she doesn't want that, she wants the dummy OUT of the cot... and that's not on!!
So... what to do... what to do?
So far Mummy has been winning the battle, the answer is NO DUMMY unless she is in bed. I'm hoping this will wear off soon because her whinging tends to send me around the twist. Could this be the start of the TERRIBLE TWO'S???
For the last year or so JMK has been quite happy to have her dummy for sleep times only. She would have it for her afternoon sleep and when she went to bed at night... no problems.
Well, over the last couple of days she's decided that she wants her dummy during the day! I DON'T THINK SO!! I'm not having her wondering around the house, yard, shopping centre or where ever with a dummy hanging out of her mouth.
She'll stick her tongue out and point to it indicating she wants her dummy, when I say "No, that's for nigh nigh time" she chucks the biggest wobblies. I ignore her, but she is a persistent little bugger and will continue whinging for it.
On a couple of occassions, in the middle of the day or at dinner time, I have grabbed her, put her dummy in her mouth and put her into her cot, because that's the only place she's allowed the dummy. Well of course she doesn't want that, she wants the dummy OUT of the cot... and that's not on!!
So... what to do... what to do?
So far Mummy has been winning the battle, the answer is NO DUMMY unless she is in bed. I'm hoping this will wear off soon because her whinging tends to send me around the twist. Could this be the start of the TERRIBLE TWO'S???
2 comments:
We go through stages like this too...I try and let him only have it at bedtime or in the car. I tell him that if he doesn't leave it in the cot/car it could get lost and then he won't have one. It seems to work. Good luck I hope you win the battle!
Count us in there too. We were doing well with not having it during the day and now we are back to square one.. arghh!
Post a Comment