Tuesday, 8 August 2006

Pee in the Potty...

Well it happened... after having the potty sit by the bath for the last couple of months JMK has sat on it and actually done something more than fluff (aka fart)!!

We sit on the potty before getting into the bath, we count to 10 (a tip I picked up from Danielle) and then we hop into the bath. Easy... nothing ever happens but JMK gets quite excited and has a bit of a giggle when she fluffs.

Well tonight we did the same the routine and nothing again... BUT... when JMK got out of the bath and I was drying her she was crossing her legs over to stop herself from going. I said "do you need to do wees" and she responded with "yeah". I told her to sit on the potty again and do her wees there... well this took a bit of convincing but she eventually sat down. A few seconds later she actually wee'd in the potty. I gave her a lot of praise and she was quite surprised by the liquid in the potty... quite a cute response really.

Now don't get me wrong... I realise this is probably a one off thing that won't happen again for another 3 months... but it's a start. I don't know why, but I think I'm gonna have 'fun' (note the sarcasm) trying to toilet train this little miss.

Only time will tell!!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yah!! What a clever girl..

Angela de Vries said...

Hope you don't have to wait 3 months for it to happen again. The first pee in the potty is so exciting.