Saturday, 10 June 2006

1st Time for Everything...

I guess it had to happen eventually… JMK is on her first dose of antibiotics for a nasty ear infection. Not bad considering she is only a week off being 2!

She was a little out of sorts and pulling at her ear when we picked her up from the inlaws on Monday. I gave her some panadol (thinking it was her 2yr old molars), put her to bed and she was absolutely fine Tuesday morning… so much so we even went swimming.

She has been fine all week, no whinging or complaining, but, last night she started scratching at her neck and walking around like she had a crick in her neck. Then she started pulling at her ears and being very cuddly (I know something is wrong when she’s up for constant cuddles). So, yet again I gave her some panadol thinking it was her teeth and put her to bed. She woke at 10.30pm and then again at around 6.00am so I brought her into bed with us for a cuddle. She was trying so hard to go back to sleep but just couldn’t because she was obviously in some discomfort.

Right-ee-oh then, off to the Dr’s we go! It took all of two seconds for the Dr to tell me she had an ear infection!!

My tough little monkey… she barely whinged or whined all week and she’s been walking around with a sore ear. I thought she’d be much more distressed and have a fever but the Dr said some kids can take it a lot better than others… my poor little poss… so brave!

Anyway, we now have some medicine and hopefully that will make her feel much better very very soon!!

No comments: