The day started early so that Mummy could make the fairy bread (to ensure it was nice & fresh) and JMK was dropped off at Eliza’s house so that the hall could be set up without little hands being more of a hindrance than a help!
The birthday party was being held at the Playgroup Hall, so JMK was quite familiar with her surroundings. 11am hit and people started arriving… first it was Auntie Gill with Brianna and Jordan, then it was Nana & Papa and after them it was Oma & Opa!!
I must say though the person JMK got most excited about seeing was Baxter, her playgroup/child care buddy. He walked in the door with his Mummy & Daddy, JMK spotted him and let out a squeal of delight and called out to him… BABTA… BABTA!! Then she went running up to him and gave him the biggest hug. Baxter was quite taken aback by this welcome and clung on to his Mummy’s leg for dear life… it’s times like these I wish I had the video going. It was the ONLY display of it’s kind for the day… I think JMK has a soft spot for BABTA!!
The rest of the day was spent eating, drinking and playing with friends. JMK had a great time sliding down the slide with Baxter & Eliza...
As well as playing amongst all the leaves outside...
When it came time to sing Happy Birthday and cut the cake JMK was a little unsure… she actually started to cry. I think our singing was a little too much!!
Be sure to take note of the TWO BUTTERFLY CAKES!! Those cakes took me FOREVER to do. The first one (blue) took two hours to ice but the second one (pink) only took an hour!! I don’t think I did too bad a job for a first time go at baking a birthday cake (or two) and icing it!
JMK got some lovely gifts, she actually go spoilt rotten. Plenty of clothes & DVD’s, two new babies and some more lovely beads, a trike, a special towel for swimming lessons, books, a musical tea set, a fold out couch (which Auntie Gill hasn’t given to her yet… but we know it’s coming), a wonderful JORJA MAE jigsaw puzzle, a baby change/bath/sleep centre and some stuff from Crayola.
Not a bad effort at all!
It was a big day and JMK was such a good girl and had a wonderful time. Another day full of treasured moments.




No comments:
Post a Comment