Friday, 23 June 2006

Cheeky Monkey...

How is it that kids know EXACTLY when to do something they’re not meant to do and there’s not a damn thing a parent/adult can do about it??

Take JMK for example… as soon as I set foot in the shower this morning she darted out of the bathroom and attacked the tissue box that sits on my bedside table. This happens quite regularly and you would think that by now I would know to put the tissue box in a better place!

She either just sits on the floor and tears them apart leaving a lovely pile of white mess OR and granted, I shouldn’t really complain about this… she sits there and blows her nose, which is really very clever of her but she doesn’t really blow and use the tissue to wipe… she just blows and holds the tissue over her nose. So of course she’s left with a lovely stream of snot from her nose down to her chin… CHARMING!!

Anyway… that was this morning and if JMK’s 2 year old assessment hadn’t been cancelled *grumble groan* I’m sure I would have been far more organised and probably showered and dressed before the little lazy bones even got out of bed. It was a lovely sleep in until 8.30 this morning… so of course, knowing I had nothing on until 11.30am I just laid in bed myself. So really, I shouldn’t complain should I??

No comments: