Wednesday, 28 June 2006

Boogie Eye...

Ahhh yes, yet again JMK has been struck down with the dreaded conjunctivitis, such a pukey gooey ailment! But then I guess I’d prefer she had that than be really sick.

Her buddy Baxter has it too so it is obviously going around at the childcare centre. We actually picked up Baxter’s mum from the train station yesterday because the childcare centre had called and said Baxter had it. Her car was at Macedon but the train only stopped at Gisborne so we picked her up and took her to her car so she could go and get Baxter. I also gave her my chlorsig drops… not thinking JMK might need them!!!

I noticed her eyes were a little watery yesterday but thought it was due to the cold wind and being outside for a little while. Then, last night at Nana’s I noticed they were a little goopy, nothing too bad though. We were at Nana’s for dinner last night because it was Gill’s birthday – HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTIE GILL!!

Well, when I got JMK up this morning her eyes were glued shut… charming! After I bathed them we took her to Nana’s because she’s a little contagious germ now… therefore no childcare for JMK.

Daddy took her to the Dr who prescribed some more chlorsig (which we found out you didn’t have to discard after the use by date… hmmmm!?) so I’m sure Nana is having a GREAT TIME trying to get them into her eyes. Oh how she loves eye drops!! *snicker*

Anyway, I’ve spoken to the childcare centre and as she’ll have been receiving treatment for 24 hours she is fine to go to childcare tomorrow.

Another thing Nana might have fun with today… getting JMK to sleep in the BIG single bed. We didn’t take the porta cot this morning and I didn’t think it would be too much of a problem for JMK to sleep in the single bed… we’ll see!!


Lovely… all’s well that ends well!!

No comments: