Well today started off as well as could be expected, another 8.30am wake up which I will definitely NOT complain about. Breakfast went down without any major mishaps and you’ll be pleased to know that I was able to have my shower minus any tissue incidents (took my own advice and finally moved the tissue box!)
JMK and I went for a walk/ride down the street. Nana & Poppy gave JMK her first trike for her birthday, Daddy put it together the other night and she has become quite fond of it. It’s one of those trikes with the ‘grown up’ handle at the back so JMK just sits with her feet on the pedals and I push her on it. She loves it when Diesel chases the front tyre… she ends up in a fit of hysterics. Mental note - I must get that on video!
After our hoon around the street we headed into town to do a spot of grocery shopping. Auntie Gill, Brianna & Jordan are coming over tonight so I thought I’d whip up a lasagne.
Once the shopping was done it was getting real close to lunch time so JMK and I headed over to the Jolly Miller cafĂ© for a sausage roll, Big M and cinnamon donut. After purchasing all the above I sat JMK on her seat and went to get a knife and a straw. I got back to the table and thought “Shit… I need some serviettes”. Just as I turned to go back to the counter I heard this weird ‘squelching’ noise and the people sitting behind us say “what was that?” I looked at Jorja and noticed she had the tomato sauce squeeze sachet thingy in her hand and I replied “oh she must have popped the packet, I didn’t think she’d be able to work it out”. She had actually sent tomato sauce flying into the back of the gentleman’s head and into the lady’s face!! When I realised this I apologised profusely and got them (and myself) some serviettes.
Luckily, this lovely couple were fine about it, had a little chuckle and commented on JMK’s great aim. I on the other hand was quite embarrassed but once I sat down and the couple had left I couldn’t help having a giggle about the whole thing myself!
Ahhhhhhhh kids… they’re as predictable as bloody Melbourne weather!
JMK and I went for a walk/ride down the street. Nana & Poppy gave JMK her first trike for her birthday, Daddy put it together the other night and she has become quite fond of it. It’s one of those trikes with the ‘grown up’ handle at the back so JMK just sits with her feet on the pedals and I push her on it. She loves it when Diesel chases the front tyre… she ends up in a fit of hysterics. Mental note - I must get that on video!
After our hoon around the street we headed into town to do a spot of grocery shopping. Auntie Gill, Brianna & Jordan are coming over tonight so I thought I’d whip up a lasagne.
Once the shopping was done it was getting real close to lunch time so JMK and I headed over to the Jolly Miller cafĂ© for a sausage roll, Big M and cinnamon donut. After purchasing all the above I sat JMK on her seat and went to get a knife and a straw. I got back to the table and thought “Shit… I need some serviettes”. Just as I turned to go back to the counter I heard this weird ‘squelching’ noise and the people sitting behind us say “what was that?” I looked at Jorja and noticed she had the tomato sauce squeeze sachet thingy in her hand and I replied “oh she must have popped the packet, I didn’t think she’d be able to work it out”. She had actually sent tomato sauce flying into the back of the gentleman’s head and into the lady’s face!! When I realised this I apologised profusely and got them (and myself) some serviettes.
Luckily, this lovely couple were fine about it, had a little chuckle and commented on JMK’s great aim. I on the other hand was quite embarrassed but once I sat down and the couple had left I couldn’t help having a giggle about the whole thing myself!
Ahhhhhhhh kids… they’re as predictable as bloody Melbourne weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment